categories

Monday, December 15, 2014

Holiness Unto The LORD

On my initial post, I want to dedicate this blog to the Lord Jesus Christ. I feel compelled by the Holy Ghost to start writing blog posts; mainly because I want to heed the commandment of "redeeming the time" (Ephesians 5:16). I sit here at a computer desk at work Monday through Friday, and most of the time in between tasks goes toward either reading articles, or listening to sermons, or even lectures from R.J. Rushdoony. The LORD has blessed me with a considerable amount of time to read, write, and listen; a pleasure that I did not possess a little bit more than a year ago.

The beginning of 2014 was a spiritual high for my family (I will tell you more about my family later-- maybe). But as the year went by, things began to grow stagnant. I believe this is because I had become like the dead sea; I was taking in, and taking in, and taking in, but not giving back out nearly as much as I was taking in. So this will be my attempt at giving back out. But it will be unto the LORD, and not men (Colossians 3:23).

I will not have time to make this a professional blog, full of references,and such like things, although you will probably see many scripture references. You will probably see some typos and so on. My goal is not "professionalism" here. This blog is going to be an opinion blog. Yet, not just opinions, but opinions with their root in the word of God. I enjoy hearing people (or reading the writings of people) just rant off their opinions, and so hopefully the LORD will see to it that a few will enjoy reading my Biblical rants. I leave the results entirely in the hands of the Holy Ghost, to do with as he pleases.

Earlier this year I resolved before God Almighty that I would simply seek to do his will and obey him, and leave the results up to him, without being frustrated by lack of outward results. I strayed from this concept mid-year 2014, and as a result, I began to struggle in other areas of life. I want to get back to delighting to do God's will (Psalm 40:8) and not worrying about results so much. Believing in the absolute sovereignty of God through Jesus Christ, I will write; and if he blesses it, so be it. If not, then praise the Lord anyhow.

This blog will be an absolute smorgasbord; probably more like a journal than a blog.

I have always hated reading long posts, so perhaps I will break this whole introduction thing into a few smaller posts. May Jesus Christ receive the reward of his sufferings.


Swiss Kinist